Friday, April 12, 2013

Japanese Adventures with Hello Kitty

In planning our trip to Japan, I randomly found an app on the iTunes store for my iPhone called "Visit Japan with Hello Kitty" - it was, apparently, only available from September 3, 2012 until March 31, 2013.  The official site was here and there's more Official info about it here - those are probably pointless links if the app is no longer available, but if you are able to find it, it's fun and I used it earlier today so I know it still functions.  I played with it a little before we left, but I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to do, besides provide a bit of info about touristy places in a cute format, and almost deleted it.  Luckily, I didn't - and happened to open it and click on the camera button - Hello Kitty magically appeared on my camera screen!

 We first met her at a temple in Kyoto:
IMG 5430
She followed us to Osaka where she and her little bunny friend frolicked around our room with John:
IMG 5462
We found her again in Nara, looking adorable hanging out with the deer:
IMG 5466
While waiting to board the Shinkansen back to Tokyo, we spotted Hello Kitty once again:
IMG 5472
I guess she enjoyed our company because she seemed to be following us on our way from Osaka to Tokyo - with some creative modes of transportation...
IMG 5474
IMG 5480 
She was very adorable...
IMG 5478
…so, fInally, we just invited her to ride with us...
 IMG 5475
She was happy to show us the sites:
 IMG 5477
IMG 5582
…and she was always up for a drink!
IMG 5484 
IMG 5482
She was definitely an adorable addition to our adventures in Japan!
IMG 5692

No comments:

Post a Comment